Sunday, December 23, 2012

IT'S TRULY CHRISTMAS

Where I am on Saturday morning at 10:00 AM PST, the electricity has been off for ten hours.   Since my water comes from a well powered by electricity, I have no water and no stove.  My old desk top and my brand new desk top are both dark and silent.  My cell phone ran out of juice an hour ago and it's too dark to read.  The battery in this laptop will soon be dead. 


But, some things are good in life.  There's well over two feet of fresh snow on the ground and more coming; I couldn't get out of my driveway if I had to.  I can stand by the wood stove gazing out at the falling flakes while I contemplate breaking into the liquor cabinet or even popping some popcorn on that wood stove.  I'm so totally isolated; even Obama can't get to me. 


And so it is, my friends, that I sign off a day early for the Christmas holiday.  I'll be back on Wednesday the 26th, presuming that the electricity will be back on by then.  Cheers!